Friday, March 9, 2012

International Women's Day

March 8th is International Women's Day.  I have no idea why we don't celebrate this holiday in the US.  We have plenty of women.  I have lived in a couple of countries where this holiday has been celebrated in style.  Here in Lao, it is an actual holiday.  It is my understanding that some men had to work, but the women were excused.  We didn't have school.  I had planned on grading a bunch of papers.  I ended up spending some time at my favorite coffee shop in the morning.  In the late afternoon my friend Stephanie came over.  We watched Glee, had gummy bears, tacos, and chocolate chip cookies.  It was a great day.  Very relaxing. On Wednesday evening, my students presented me with a flower and good wishes for not only the holiday, but for the rest of the year.  The coffee shop gave me a second one with my breakfast.  Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment