Monday, March 5, 2012

Oops

I lose my keys a lot.  They aren't really lost, as much as misplaced.  I keep my motobike key separate from my house and gate keys because I don't want all of those keys in my ignition at once.  It was inevitable that I would lose my motorbike key.

It was the first day of school.  Bri was visiting.  I finished class, went back to my office, collected my stuff, and discovered my key was missing.  I had been to two different classrooms, and the bookstore-twice.  I retraced all of my steps with my anxiety growing by the minute.  It was my only key and I had no idea what I was going to do.  I was thinking that I would have to buy a new one.

Luckily, I have some friends who are more rational that I am.  They said, "no.  They can change the ignition."  What?  That's right.  Because theft is so common here, it is really easy to get a new ignition and a new key.  When we rolled the motorbike into the shop, they didn't even check my papers to see if it belonged to me.  They gave me an extra key, so next time, I have a back up.  Love, M



No comments:

Post a Comment